From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built exe requires RTE files in same directory

I have a built exe that requires 3 file to be located in the same directory in order for the app to run.  It's built in 7.1, and the RTE 7.1 is installed on the target machine.  The files required are: lvrt.dll, lvapp.rsc, and daqdrv.  The target machine is Win NT sp6.  I have made an installer that puts the files in the same directory so it's working, but I'm confused why I have to do this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,928 Views)
Grover-

It sounds like you don;t have the runtime engine installed. If you have the run time engine installed on the target machine, you should need only your executable. If you do nto have the runtime engine installed, you will need to copy some files to the same directory as your executable.

Xaq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,886 Views)

Xaq,

I do have the RTE installed, that's why I'm so confused.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,876 Views)
Grover,

What kind of error messages do you get if you try to run without those files in the directory?

Xaq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,863 Views)
The error given is "Error reported: -10240 Digital Group Config".  It seems like it can't access the DAQ cards.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,864 Views)
Grover-

IN specific versions of ni-daq, you need to copy over the daqdrv file with your executable. Do you get any errors when you run your EXE with the daqdrv file in the same directory?

Xaq
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,834 Views)
The daqdrv file is not really the one I am concerned about- it was already in the directory being used by the previous version of the software.  It's the other 2 associated with the RTE that have me confused.  Like I said, I have the RTE installed and yet I still need to put these 2 files in the directory with the exe.  What gives NI?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,823 Views)
Grover,

What version of the runtime do you have installed and what version of LabVIEW are you building your executable in? Do you have the DAQ driver installed on the system as well? You may want to uninstall and reinstall your run time engine (make sure you get the same version of the RTE as your Development environment).

Xaq
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,817 Views)
As I stated in my original post, the app is built in 7.1 and the RTE is 7.1.  I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RTE.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,815 Views)
If you delete the rte from the install folder, what kind of error message do you get? Did you install the rte in the default folder?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,812 Views)