cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built EXE not calling dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with a EXE that i've built. I've made a very simple VI to track down the problem, but with no sucess. I've got a set of PCI cards. I've got a top level dll that i make calls to in LV8.5 and there are a bunch of lower level dll's that i think this top level dll uses (recursive ??).

Anyway, i build a vi that uses the call library function node to initalise the PCI cards. This doesn't require anything to be passed to the dll and works a treat in LV. I then built an EXE. The first time through LV had a fit because i hadn't included the lower level dll's and it started objecting with various error messages. I then included these dll's in the build and hey presto got an exe without any warnings. When i run the EXE i don't get any errors or warnings (which is great), but actually i don't get anything - the PCI cards don't initalise (which is not so great). I know this because you can hear a bunch of relays turning on and off when the PCI cards are initalised.

As i said works fine as a vi but doesn't once it's built as an EXE.

Any pointers?

Dr Phil.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author therealkilkenny

Are you monitoring the error output of CALL LIBRARY?

If not, you should.

How are you specifying the path to the DLL in the CALL LIBRARY function? 

Is it a relative path or an absolute path, or just a DLL name? 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,582 Views)

Hi Steve,

You put me on the right track. When looking at the errors it was returning error 1097. I then looked at how the exe was being told where the exe was and fed in a control with the dll location into the CLF. Once i did this it all worked.

Thanks!

Dr Phil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,558 Views)