LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buildspecification relative and absolute path's

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm currently developing a modular system with lvlibp-Files. The are structured in different Modules and therefor stored in different directories. Now there is the problem:

If I put a Path like "C:/Users/user/Documents/LV/SVN/Project/__builds/Module/Modulename" into the destination path it shows in the lvproj as "/C/Users/user/Documents/LV/SVN/Project/__builds/Module/Modulename/NI_AB_PROJECTNAME.lvlibp"

This is not what i expected.

But if I put in a Path like "C:/Users/user/Documents/LV/SVN/Project/__builds/Module" it shows as "../__builds/Module" in the lvproj.

This is what i expected.

Is this expected behavior? I would like to use deeper destinations for better structure, but if I do, I lose the ability of relative paths.

I've also tried to modify the path inside the lvproj to a relative path. But that just changes the path in the buildspec to Labview standard.

Any idea how to solve this issue without giving up the structure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,113 Views)

IIRC, for exe build paths, once they go absolute, they don't  go back to relative. It needs a manual modification of the .lvproj's XML file.

That's not a solution. But something that you should keep in mind when you fiddle around to find out how this mechanism works (it doesn't).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,088 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author flein2

The problem is, that my project was one step deeper in the hierachie than the other one.

Moving the project up, solved the issue.

The deeper relative build paths are working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,026 Views)