LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building installer for application that depends on DAQmx

Hi,

I came to the most painful part of application developing again: creating a build. 
The .exe works fine but problem starts with generating an installer.

My program uses DAQmx for temperature and voltage acquisition. 

I included these additional installers:
-Labview runtime

-NI-VISA runtime

-NI-DAQmx core runtime

AND THEN: when i click build, the program request additional media: Vision Builder AI.

I don't have that. And why would even need that because I don't use any vision components in my app. 

Is there any workaround for this problem?

Please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,782 Views)

What version of DAQmx and LV are you using? Maybe you should attach a MAX report for detailed information of available NI software components.

Can you also attach screenshots of the error dialog?

What is the OS? If 64bits: Is LV also 64bit?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,770 Views)

LV 2012

DAQmx 9.5.5

OS Win7 32bit

WP_20140828_013.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,763 Views)

You know that you can create a software screenshot by pressing ALT+PRINT keys for the currently active window? Then insert this in Paint and save it for posting 😄

What happens if you deselect the Vision Builder in the dialog and press OK?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,760 Views)

Yes, I know, but the program is on another computer which is not connected to network so it was easier for me to take a picture with my phone 🙂

If I deselect Vision builder it says this:
"The selected media do not contain all the installers needed to build your installer. Select additional media."

If I click on the + sign to expand the selection, there is "NI System Components".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,757 Views)

Again, please attach a MAX report. It seems to me that you have some/several evals installed.

Is this the only PC where you got these issues?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,746 Views)

Here you go.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,710 Views)

I see that you have LV 2013 installed as well. What happens if you use this version?

My question refers mainly to the fact that you have Vision Builder 2012 installed. I am wondering if LV 2012 somehow connects to this when building the installer and if 2013 possibly doesn't do that.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,704 Views)