From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building installer for application that depends on DAQmx

Hi,

I came to the most painful part of application developing again: creating a build. 
The .exe works fine but problem starts with generating an installer.

My program uses DAQmx for temperature and voltage acquisition. 

I included these additional installers:
-Labview runtime

-NI-VISA runtime

-NI-DAQmx core runtime

AND THEN: when i click build, the program request additional media: Vision Builder AI.

I don't have that. And why would even need that because I don't use any vision components in my app. 

Is there any workaround for this problem?

Please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,813 Views)

What version of DAQmx and LV are you using? Maybe you should attach a MAX report for detailed information of available NI software components.

Can you also attach screenshots of the error dialog?

What is the OS? If 64bits: Is LV also 64bit?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,801 Views)

LV 2012

DAQmx 9.5.5

OS Win7 32bit

WP_20140828_013.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,794 Views)

You know that you can create a software screenshot by pressing ALT+PRINT keys for the currently active window? Then insert this in Paint and save it for posting 😄

What happens if you deselect the Vision Builder in the dialog and press OK?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,791 Views)

Yes, I know, but the program is on another computer which is not connected to network so it was easier for me to take a picture with my phone 🙂

If I deselect Vision builder it says this:
"The selected media do not contain all the installers needed to build your installer. Select additional media."

If I click on the + sign to expand the selection, there is "NI System Components".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,788 Views)

Again, please attach a MAX report. It seems to me that you have some/several evals installed.

Is this the only PC where you got these issues?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,777 Views)

Here you go.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,741 Views)

I see that you have LV 2013 installed as well. What happens if you use this version?

My question refers mainly to the fact that you have Vision Builder 2012 installed. I am wondering if LV 2012 somehow connects to this when building the installer and if 2013 possibly doesn't do that.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,735 Views)