LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building application executables for a NI TPC-2230 that utilize Modbus I/O server - Is DSC required?

I'm building an application within LabVIEW 2015 Professional SP1 (with RT/FPGA) on a Win7 SP1 machine that is intended to be deployed to an NI TPC-2230 (15") running WES7 standard. The plan is to utilize both COM ports on the unit as follows:

COM1: RS-232 connection that goes through a RS-485 converter establishing a half-duplex bus connection to a (client) metering device utilizing a MODBus application layer. I have used this same conversion device on one of the cRIO-9068's serial port with success. 

COM2: RS-232 connection to a (client) battery management device utilizing a MODBus application layer. 

I have developed and used code for both of these types of I/O server connections to the same devices using the cRIO-9068 very routinely, but I've never deployed it to a TPC nor have I ever used both concurrently. This poses a couple questions for me:

1.) Is how I've structured them in my project folder problematic? (image attached) I am wondering if having created two MODBus IO servers within the same project is causing issues. 

2.) I'm not 100% confident I'm understanding NI verbiage used in describing the IDE requirements for building the application executable. A lot of it mentions DSC but also RT. Can I build and deploy this without DSC? It doesn't explicitly mention it in my NI License Manager that I have DSC.

I don't get any errors coming out of the loop interacting with the IO server components used over COM1.

I get a warning, 1950679034, coming out of the loop interacting with the IO server components used over COM2. 

Neither of these are working, and show 0 for all the values I attempt to read. I will attempt to replace with all new cables in the morning. 

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(819 Views)

Just for added clarity, I am not deploying or interacting with a cRIO-9068; when I talk about that system I am referring to having interfaced with its serial ports with these modbus client devices in the past. 

As an update, I ran both MAX and the IO trace utility and both applications seem to think the serial ports are initialized correctly. However they still do not read anything. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(772 Views)