LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building and application

When building an application I keep getting a dialog box with the message

The VI NI_FileType.lvlib:Get File Type.vi has changed on disk since last saved or loaded by LabVIEW. If you load its front panrl, it will probably be inconsistent with the parts of the VI already in memery, resulting in a corrupt VI.

along with a Revert and Cancel button. I can find no reference to this dialog box. I do not have called a VI Get File Type and the application runs fine. Any help with understanding this dialog box will be approciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,189 Views)

Are you sure this VI is not part of your project?  Look in your Dependencis in Project Explorer (right-click, Find Project Items) and do a search.  Check if there is a warning indication for this file.  This VI is probably being called from another built-in VI, something LV adds based on the VIs used in your program.  You won't notice them until something like this happens, but they are part of your project (Ex. just like iostream is if included in a C++ program, right?).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,177 Views)

Thanks for the help. There actually was nothing under dependencies so I did a refresh which took care of the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,159 Views)

Just as an FYI the file Get File Type.vi was not in the dependencies so I'm not sure why it was creating a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,147 Views)