From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an application with 64-bit LabviewNXG for a 32-bit CPU

Hi there,

I am searching how to make an application for a 32 bit CPU. I have made my programs on a 64 bit windows 10 laptop with the labviewNXG software.

The 32 bit CPU can't open the 64 bit applications I make.

How can I solve this problem?

I am looking forward to your answers.

Best regards,

Twan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Hi there,

I came across this topic because I am searching how to make an application for a 32 bit CPU. I have made my programs on a 64 bit windows 10 laptop with the labviewNXG software.

The 32 bit CPU can't open the 64 bit applications I make.

How can I solve this problem?

I am looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,

Twan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,447 Views)

I don't think that's possible.

NXG is 100% 64 bit oriented. That will not change. A NXG executable will use the CG runtime engine, and that is available for 32 bit. But even CG 64 bit can't build 32 bit executables, AFAIK.

If you want 32 bit applications, you need CG 32 bit LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,440 Views)

Hi Twan,

wiebe is correct; there is no way for NXG to produce a 32-bit EXE and we don't have any plans to add this functionality. Most new systems are only offered in 64-bit so over time, the need for producing 32-bit EXEs should phase out.

If your current setup requires 32-bit EXEs, LabVIEW 2018 will continue to be able to build 32-bit EXEs.

Thanks,

Michael.R

LabVIEW R&D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,408 Views)