LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an Installer with the product version major at 0

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a prototype and I should build an installer for the prototype validation.

The matter is that the prototype version start at 0, and I can't find a way to set in the product version major field at 0.

Setting the major field at 0 is possible while building an executable, but not for an installer.

My LabVIEW version is 12.0

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,427 Views)

Intersting. This seems like a bug to me. (also in LabVIEW 2013)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,418 Views)

As "The product version corresponds to the [ProductVersion] Microsoft Installer (MSI) property."

I've looked for information on MSI product version, but haven't found a note where it shows the minimum...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,408 Views)

Hi El-Mda,

It seems to me that it is the wanted behaviour application builder here. From the help page, you can read the following "You must increment the version number if you want to create upgrade versions of the installer that are capable of overwriting previous installers."

If you want to work around this (for me) expected behaviour you may have the solution to delete the previous version of the installer to create a new one. The following link shall be useful for that :

How can I Delete Product Installer Files That Have Been Copied to my Computer?

I hoep it answers your question,

Have a nice day,

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,391 Views)

@marc-junior wrote:

It seems to me that it is the wanted behaviour application builder here. From the help page, you can read the following "You must increment the version number if you want to create upgrade versions of the installer that are capable of overwriting previous installers."

That does not explain anything. We should be able to make the first ever version 0.0.0, that can later be upgraded to e.g. 0.0.1.

According to microsoft:

The format of the string is as follows:

major.minor.build

The first field is the major version and has a maximum value of 255. The second field is the minor version and has a maximum value of 255. The third field is called the build version or the update version and has a maximum value of 65,535.

So, the max is 255.255.65535. There is no minimum given, so 0 should probably be allowed. I suspect that the input field in the build specification has an incorrect range setting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,383 Views)