LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an EXE using the Report Generation Toolkit (Excel)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using LabVIEW 2016 with Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64.

I did what comes in this link: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019O6PSAU&l=es-MX

But in the .exe gives me an error.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,002 Views)

Difficult to say much without the code, but maybe it's not able to find the template file for the report? Are you using relative path for the template?

Message 2 of 12
(3,926 Views)

The VI and the .exe are in "Error RGT.rar" file, before build the project the VI works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,912 Views)
Do you copy your excel template "PLANTILLA.xltx" manually into the same directory as your executable after the build? If not, the file cannot be found, as it is not part of your build process.

Regards, Jens
Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,903 Views)

the template is in the project folder and is also in the labview project

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author spartan_virus

That is irrelevant for the executable:

JensG69_0-1622457648775.png

As you use this VI to determine the base path of your executable, your excel template needs to be in the same directory as your executable. That is not the case in your *.rar file.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 6 of 12
(3,830 Views)

Thanks Bro, I don't think that detail will affect

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,819 Views)

That's a little arrogant on my opinion. Someone goes through all the effort of debugging your code and provides you the answer (which I'm sure is the correct one) and you don't even bother to test it?

Could you at least provide some reason to support your argument? 

p.s. If you would bother to check your error messages properly, you would most likely find the path of the file it's not finding or at least the exact operation that failed

Message 8 of 12
(3,768 Views)
Well, my answer got kudod and accepted as a solution, so I am satisfied.
Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,755 Views)

Sorry Jens, I was not writing to you and maybe I also misunderstood the message from Spartan virus. 

I was answering to this: "Thanks Bro, I don't think that detail will affect". Which I took in a way, that he did not approve your solution.

So, my bad. Sorry for both.

Message 10 of 12
(3,747 Views)