LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building 3D temperature box

Hello,  I'd like to build a 3D box (ideally in the 3D graph) which I can use to visualize a data set from thermocouples.  I have a physical model and in this model there are 96 thermocouples aranged in a 3x5x6 grid.  I'm interested in a method to graphically display the temperatures on my VI's front panel.  I have been successful in creating a 2D slice of the model which represents the temperature as an intensity using an xy intensity graph and interpolating hundereds of data points between my measurements.  Ideally I would like to find a way to either stack the 2D slices I have or better yet I would like to interpolate between the slices too and have a colourful translucent 3D box.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,818 Views)

Cutting and pasting from this thread...

If you want to vary the color of each point then I would go with using the W-Evector to define the color at each point.

This thread may help. Here is a preview.

Bubbles in fluid flow (pink) 

Cross-section of mouse tendon.

I hope that help more than it hurts!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,810 Views)

This is intro to some background.

If you want to do this in 3d then start by down loading the example I posted in this thread where I posted a worse-case 3d example with image like this.

and from yet another thread

This thread has a simplified example that uses a hand full of data points to render the air pressure on the surface of a car in a wind tunnel (not really but I made it look that way).

These  images show what it does

In that example there is a front panel control that is used for the plot. You can poke at the values one at a time and watch the plot to see what effect it had on the image.

So use that example to learn what the W vector does and how to use it.

Then massage your data to fit and...

If you find another approach please post an example to help others.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,806 Views)

Thanks Ben, 

I had a look through all those post and I think I'm going to conclude that it is a task that a tad beyond my present abilities.  I will keep learning and hopefully one day I will be able to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,798 Views)