LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error - write.llb "DAQmx Write Property Node" broken VI message ???

I am attempting to compile an executable under LabVIEW 2010 which uses DAQmx Write Property Node.vi.  The build was unsuccessful.  The error message states that "The VI is broken" and references the vi in the write.llb. 

This is the original write.llb which came with LabVIEW 2010.  How can it be broken?  How do I fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,811 Views)

I would suspect a bad DAQMX installation.  heres info on Write.lib from my machine  979,985 bytes 983,040 on disk

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,808 Views)

The same thing happened with DAQmx Task Property Node.  I don't think these are Property Nodes are intended as executable VIs.  I simply removed them from the list of files and everything compiled nicely.  I had tried the original 8.0 write.llb which was used with the original program and then tried the 2010 write.llb.  I have service request filed with NI and will report if they have a different answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,806 Views)

@wildcatherder wrote:

The same thing happened with DAQmx Task Property Node.  I don't think these are Property Nodes are intended as executable VIs.  I simply removed them from the list of files and everything compiled nicely.  I had tried the original 8.0 write.llb which was used with the original program and then tried the 2010 write.llb.  I have service request filed with NI and will report if they have a different answer.

YUP the 8.0 lib would need to re-compile to run in the 2010 RTE there is probably a version mismatch in the DAQmx libraries that prevents conversion

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,801 Views)

As I said, I tried BOTH versions.  Version match was NOT the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,797 Views)

Hi wildcatherder,

This tutorial partially explains what's up with those VIs: Creating Shell VIs in LabVIEW

If you select Tools >> Advanced >> Edit Palette Set..., you can see that all of the palette items for DAQmx property nodes have the "Place VI Contents" option checked. Each property node VI contains a property node with the correct class selected. When you drag a DAQmx property node from the palette to the diagram, LabVIEW copies the contents of the corresponding VI into your diagram, much like dragging a VI snippet to the diagram.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,789 Views)

You do realize that has nothing to do with compiling LabVIEW VIs, right?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,783 Views)

I think it has everything to do with why those VIs cannot be compiled. They are not complete programs or subroutines--instead, they are snippets of code to drag from the palette into your block diagram.

For another example, look at DAQmx\miscellaneous.llb\DAQmx Create Event.vi. It contains an unconfigured event structure, to make it easy to drag a "Register for Events" node and an event structure into the block diagram.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,776 Views)

I said as much in my second post.  Not intended to be compiled.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,764 Views)