LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build an interface for a driver program written in C++

Hi,

I am totally new to labVIEW, I have a program that was written in C++ by a previous student who has graduated. This program is used to drive a device used in a lab, some numbers in the code needs to be changed frequently, so I am trying to make an interface for this program. this program actually have no outputs, so the interface would just be several controllers and a start button. I know that labview can access standard C program by creating DLL. But how can I do this with C++ program? 

Also I noticed there is a tutorial about code interface node:http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/416

I cant understand this thing very well. but I think this could be the solution.

By the way, it doesnt have to be labview, if someone knows any way to make an interface for C++ program. please do not hesitate to tell me.

I am however quite familiar with LabVIEW programming and have been using it since version 6.1.  I heard that there is an easy way to access a C# program via LabVIEW, but I haven't had any luck finding out how it is done.  In the past I have created DLLs with a C program and accessed the DLL in LabVIEW, so I might be able to do this with a DLL that I created in C#, but I do not know how to create a DLL in C#.

Thank you in advance for anyone who is able to help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,342 Views)

Why not create a DLL?  It doesn't have to be in C -- I was using one done in C# today and have also used DLL's written in C++.  If you can make it into a DLL, LabVIEW can call it (although there are certain details like pointers and structures that have to be taken care of.

If you want to use a CIN, keep in mind that just about everything you pass back will have to be done with a file....

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,334 Views)