From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build an ARINC 429 waveform

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if someone has an API or a simple VI that can build an ARINC 429 waveform.

I'm not looking for a board drivers but just a VI that can simulate a ARINC 429 waveform, in order to test my ARINC 429 diagnostic VIs without having a ARINC 429 generation / acquisition board.

I hope I talk clearly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,354 Views)

Hi LucD,

according to Wikipedia it looks rather easy to create a "waveform": TRUE bits are signalled by +10V, followed by 0V, whereas FALSE bits are signalled using -10V...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,342 Views)

Hello,

Actually yes, building an ARINC waveform shouldn't be so difficult. I expected that maybe someone has alreadt done it before because I don't have the time to develop it.

But now I need the Vi to be able to parameter the HI, NULL and LO level as well as all the specific times (slew rate, bit rate) of the ARINC norm, in order to create unperfect ARINC label and see if my soft can detect them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,340 Views)