LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build EXE including config.txt files

I am trying to build an EXE file in labview , in a project which selects a config.txt file from a range of folders depending on which standard my spectrum analyser will test against. I have included the folders as support source material in the build spec, but it complains about "Multiple source files have same destination     ...\executable\data\config.txt"  i.e all of the final config files I need included in my final transportable EXE file have the same name even though they reside in different folders. All of the labview structure used to access these standard config files is set up to use the filename 'config.txt', and my uncompiled labview program works fine.
Can anyone suggest how to overcome this problem. Re-naming each config.txt to be a unique name doesnt seem to be a viable option, since the rest of the program accesses the file called 'config.txt' once the particular config.txt is selected from the appropriate folder.

RELATIVE pathnames seem to be a problem also. My compiled EXE works if I dont include the above folders as support source material in the build, except it cant find the config files in the programmed folder RELATIVE to Current VI's path (which are found ok in the un-compiled version of my program).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,614 Views)
(Assuming LV8 App builder) You need to add multiple destination folders under the 'Destinations' category in the application builder. (Pic 1)
Then, under the 'Source File Settings' category, select which folders to add your config.txt files too. (Pic 2)

For your relative file path problem see this knowlegdebase article:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/FD7DE8BC8FFC256C862565F4006BE363?OpenDocument

Message Edited by Troy Kujawski on 06-05-2007 11:39 AM

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Download All
Message 2 of 2
(2,609 Views)