LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs/issues with the 2009 Probe Watch Window

Having started to use LabVIEW 2009, I've noticed a couple of problems with the Probe Watch Window.

1. When creating the first probe, the PWW pops up and becomes the active window on-screen.  This means that to now run the VI requires a click back onto a window.  Previous versions retained the VI as the active window.
  2. When a probe is created for an array, the arrow keys do not work in the index(es) inside the PWW.  If the probe is floated into it's own window, or if the Probe Display is hidden then shown, or another probe is clicked/created, they then work.  If "Copy Data" is selected from the right-click menu, they also work.  If "Show Last Element" is selected, then the "Down" arrow works, but not "Up".  Strange!
I'm not convinced about the PWW overall.  What is good is that it collects probes into one place.  But that's no help if wanting to view more than one probe at once, as they have to end up in their own windows anyway (see this Idea).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,110 Views)

Hi Greg,

I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to reproduce point 2 that you mention. Could you please put up a video of steps to reproduce, or put up a VI and show exact steps to reproduce the issue?

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,096 Views)

Hi Nitin -

Here's a video of the steps involved.

1) Create a probe on an array wire.

2) Run the program.

3) Click on the array index in the Probe Watch Window, and try to use the up/down arrows - nothing happens.

4) Float the probe - now the arrow keys work.

5) Unfloat the probe - the arrow keys continue to work in the Probe Watch Window.

Cheers ~ Greg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,066 Views)

Hi Greg,

I could reproduce the problem now. Thanks for mentioning the steps to reproduce. I have filed CAR #  187466. Thanks for reporting the bug.

Please don't delete the video of the bug that you have made. :).

I'll post any further updates on this thread.

Regards,

Nitin

Message 4 of 6
(3,059 Views)

It's 2 years now since I reported this, and still appears to be a bug in LV 2011.  Could someone check whether this CAR is still active (it's not on the public list of LV 2011 Known Issues).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,650 Views)

Hi Greg,

Yes, the CAR is still active. There is a workaround written for this that is perhaps a refined version of how you work around it.

If the probe is floated into it's own window,
or if the Probe Display is hidden then shown,
or another probe is clicked/created, then they work.
If "Copy Data" is selected from the right click menu, then also it works.

I will query about its presence in LV 2011 Known Issues.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,647 Views)