LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with Subdiagram Labels

Hi all, fairly new to the community but I looked around and didn't see this posted in Idea Exchange or in known LV issues for 2017.

Basically, when you're working with nested structures and you decide to remove the subdiagram label from an outer structure, and you then go to resize an inner structure, the subdiagram label's space allocation still persists. Not sure if that's a good explanation, but the issue can be duplicated by placing one CS inside another CS, turn the outer CS's subdiagram label on and back off and then resize the inner one to near the top of the outer one.

Small bug I know, but it's still a bit annoying.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,519 Views)

Your post got moved. This is the correct place.

Idea exchange isn't for bugs. "Fix this bug" is an idea of course, but not in the spirit of the idea exchange.

Let's hope it get a CAR, and a fix...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,447 Views)

I forgot about that issue because I automatically leave enough room in between the top of the inner and the inside of the outer to include the subdiagram label and grow the inner loop using ctrl + mouse drag when I have to grow an inner structure.  I always turn off auto-grow as one of the first things I do to a new install.  Although many people make effective use of the option, I'm not one of them.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 4
(2,423 Views)

Hi @Redhawk92,

Thanks for reporting this! I've validated and filed CAR #742137 for this bug.

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,393 Views)