LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: Labview crash line 173 in graphcrs.cpp (labview 8.6)

Hello all,

Just find out the cause of a bug that was hard to track down. Sometimes when 'playing' with graphs Labview crashed generating an error 'an internal error or crash occurred at graphcrs.cpp, line 173.'

I now discovered that this had to do when getting data from a cursor that doesn't exist anymore.

I have attached a quick-and-dirty vi to reproduce the error:

(1) Start the vi

(2) Move into the graph, a cursor is created

(3) Select this cursor and drag it 'outside the graph'

(4) At mouse leave the cursor is removed, however the event structure can still create an cursor event

(5) At the moment the property node is called an error 1055 occurs and after that labview crashes

Now that I now the cause a work around can be made. This problem does not happen when you just wire an illegal value to the property node (cursor crash light), it only happens when you remove the cursor by yourself.

I am using LV8.6 so can anyone please check if this is solved in the latest version?

If it is still happening there, how to file an official bug report?

---

25+ years long fan of LabVIEW. Be aware that NI changed their business model with great impact .
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,498 Views)

Just try to make a work around.. problem is a bit more serious...

The problem is not caused by calling the property node, it is somewhere inside the graph code of labview itself.

When you delete a cursor that is selected in the user interface, labview will cause this crash internally.

Please find attached an updated version of the vi that triggers this situation

---

25+ years long fan of LabVIEW. Be aware that NI changed their business model with great impact .
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,492 Views)

Hi Buevink,

There is some problem with labview only even the problem is still there with LV2009 and getting crashing when moving the cursor out of the graph..Smiley Sad

But i dont find the same issue with LV2010..

Have a very happy new year...Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,483 Views)

Dear Mr Beuvink,

First of all my best wishes for 2011!

Thank you so much for your post on our webforum. The problem is indeed a known one which was resolved with the Labview 2010 release. The problem was reported in Corrective Action Request (CAR) # 130466. You will see this number in the list bug fixes list of Labview 2010.

You also asked about reporting an issue. In your case it is best to select 'investigate error' when you start Labview after a crash; this will generate an error log file, and you are able to send this log to us. We will look if this is a known issue and report the issue to our R&D group if it isn't.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,417 Views)