LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: Find text not working in this example (LabVIEW 2014 x64)

Open the attached vi with LabVIEW 2014 x64 (ignore all the missing sub vis).  Look at case "5 linear averaging count", notice that there is a string that contains, among other things "Data: Cleanup 1".  Use find to search for the string "Data:".  It will find nothing.  Remove the case structure such that the contents of case "5 linear averaging count" is all that is left.  Repeat the search.  It will find the text.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,807 Views)

Offhand, I'd say that because all your case structure outputs have "Use default when unwired" checked, you somehow end up comparing an empty string and not finding anything.  That's why removing all the case structures makes it work.  Have you looked at what is coming out of the outermost case structure when it fails the compare?

edit:

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying?  The description was a bit confusing.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,774 Views)

The Good News is that this also seems to fail (as you describe) in LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit).  However, there are lots of broken wires, and lots of things Find just won't "find" (like the word "Cleanup".  I'm guessing that having so many broken wires and errors on the Block Diagram is messing up the Find algorithm ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,749 Views)

@Thomas_robertson wrote:

Open the attached vi with LabVIEW 2014 x64 (ignore all the missing sub vis).  Look at case "5 linear averaging count", notice that there is a string that contains, among other things "Data: Cleanup 1".  Use find to search for the string "Data:".  It will find nothing.  Remove the case structure such that the contents of case "5 linear averaging count" is all that is left.  Repeat the search.  It will find the text.

It will be better if you can share the portion of the code (Problematic Portion) we are getting broken wires and missing vi, not able to locate the problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,733 Views)

I'm obviously brain dead.  I thought there was supposed to be a vi that did a search on the string, not the "Find" ctrl+F.  What an idiot.  Sorry about that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,726 Views)