From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in cursor line style doc and setting

Solved!
Go to solution

The graphical cursor properties clearly show 9 styles (none + 8 others). However, the documentation says valid numbers are 0-4. I've tested, and the other numbers work, but the orders in the numbers do not match the order in the GUI.

Can anyone else confirm? I'm trying to programmatically set the cursor line styles...numbers 0-3 match the GUI, but there are differences in 4-8.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,976 Views)

Oh, and the point styles (and other options I think) go left to right, top to bottom. If anything is fixed, I'm hoping that this pattern is preserved.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,971 Views)

You are confusing cursor style with line style.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,955 Views)

I just checked, and I'm writing to the cursor.style property, with 0-8, from left to right and top to bottom. Maybe I have something else screwed up...it would make sense though since it would be odd for a bug to exist there...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,943 Views)

I found the issue...if you use plot properties, cursor tab, add a cursor, and view the cursor setting, the styles are different from the display method described where you add a cursor in the palette, right click on it, attributes, cursor style. I guess I can only trust the data from the cursor palette? I guess I assumed they would be the same since the point styles are the same.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,940 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CanadaGuy

I'll close this with the following picture and comment. The cursor styles presented in the left part of the image are in a difference order than the styles in the right image. To be fair, the documentation refers to the right image method to programmatically control the cursor style. I build my list box with the left image method. I just think it would make more sense that they match up.

cursor styles.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,912 Views)

Thanks for posting the picture.  I had never come across the dialog you show on the right hand picture and I agree you found a bug in how things don't agree.

Just to further document, what version of LabVIEW do you see this in?  I see it in LabVIEW 2017.  I haven't checked any of the others I have installed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,899 Views)

I'm only using 2017 64bit, so I don't have any other reference.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,893 Views)