LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in KB Article - Differences Between Calling a VI with an Invoke Node and Calling a VI with a Call by Reference Node

Hi,

Someone from NI, please log a CAR for this documentation bug in the KB article linked below.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MqkSAE

Wrong Text - "The Invoke Node method becomes more flexible because you can pass any VI path into this setup and it will be able to open and load that VI. This allows for a plug-in architecture, which is only valid in the development environment."

Correct Text should be as follows.

"The Invoke Node method becomes more flexible because you can pass any VI path into this setup and it will be able to open and load that VI. This allows for a plug-in architecture, which is not only valid in the development environment, but also in the compiled application (EXE)."

P.S.:- Stephen asked me to edit (remove the unwanted phrase) the KB if I could, or ask someone from NI to log a CAR for this bug.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 1 of 4
(2,242 Views)

I submitted the requested changes but does the phrase really even need to be there? Maybe the information just needs to be moved because where it is currently seems to indicate (to me) that the CBR cannot be used to develop plug-in architectures which I don't believe is true (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,219 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

it is currently seems to indicate (to me) that the CBR cannot be used to develop plug-in architectures which I don't believe is true (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yes, you are right! Theoretically, yes (CBRN can very well be used). But practically, people don't prefer CBRN much to develop plug-in architectures nowadays, because of the adaptation to PPL.

I also thought on the same lines (removing that entire confusing phrase) after posting.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,189 Views)

I just changed the article again to just remove that sentence. I think it was very misleading and because the article was just supposed to be about the differences between the CBR and Invoke Node I don't think it belonged there anyway.

Made the changes and submitted for approval so it should be up in a few days (or whenever it gets reviewed).

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,170 Views)