LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Formula node under LabVIEW 2010

appendix is my test project.

there is a test.vi in the project.  The test.vi contains only a case structure with 5 SAME subdiagrams. Each subdiagram contains a formula mode. The formula code does some calculation with an 2d array of double.

If i run the test.vi under LabVIEW 2010(or SP1), it may cause  LabVIEW 2010 corrupt occasionally. If I build application form the test.vi, and run the application ,the application will definitely corrupt.

if I delete one subdiagram of the case structure , the test.vi and the application both run well.

however, the same project works well under LabVIEW 2009.

so is it a bug with LabVIEW 2010?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,467 Views)

Can you describe what you mean by 'corrupt'? If you are getting any error messages either from Windows or LabVIEW, please post them. Tell us what platform you are using as well.

I successfully ran your VI with LV2010 on a PC with Windows XP (SP3), natively on a MAC, and on the MAC with VMware Fusion with Windows 7-32 and Windows XP (SP3). I built the exe using your specifications on all platforms. Both the VI and exe ran with no troubles or unusual behaviour.

JohnCS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,452 Views)

@JohnCS wrote:

Both the VI and exe ran with no troubles or unusual behaviour.

Same here....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,446 Views)

'corrupt' means the program exit unexpectedly without any warning or error message. it just disappeared and you can't find it in the 'process' tab of windows task manager after that.

If LabVIEW corrupted, once i reopened it, there may be a error message dialog pop-uped before the LabVIEW interface appeared. The dialog said something wrong with 'undo.cpp'. I zipped the failure long to the appendix. I can't find any other error or warning message from LabVIEW or Windows ( I checked the Windows Event Viewer).

If the built exe corrupted, There isn't any message for  LabVIEW or Windows neither.

I tested the project on my own laptop with Windows XP(SP3) Chinese Version and NI PXI-8810 with Windows XP(SP3) English Version which is my target machine.

Appendix also contain a exe build in my laptop. If I run the exe file, once I click the run button , it will corrupt. I wonder if it works the same on your computer.

Thanks for your concern.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,426 Views)

Also the exe you attached runs without error on my Windows 7 (64bit) computer.

Did you report the error log to NI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,419 Views)

Not yet. Actually I think it's not relate to my problem but to another problem I encountered.

Once I deleted a sequence diagram by mistake, then I pressed CTR+Z, but LabVIEW didn't respond. I had to terminate it. When I reopen LabVIEW, the error message about undo.cpp popped up. After that , if the LabVIEW corrupted by any reason,  the error msg may appear when LabVIEW is reopened.

weird problem

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,413 Views)