From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Datafinder Queries?

In this case you should apply the sensor info to the individual groups containg the data measured with this specific sensor.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(274 Views)

Regarding the question whether this behavior is a bug, the answer is pretty simple: no.

Rationale: Consider you search for a file with a channel named 'speed' AND a unit of 'km/h'. There are two different ways to interpret this query:

A) There should be at least one channel named 'speed' AND one channel with the unit 'km/h', which results in a query like

file.group.channel.name = 'speed' AND file.group.channel.unit = 'km/h'

which will return results even in the case the channel named 'speed' has a unit of 'mph' only because there exists a different channel (maybe named 'speedlimits') with the unit 'km/h'.

B) There should be at least one channel named 'speed' with the same channel having a unit of 'km/h', which results in a query like

file.group.channel(name = 'speed' AND unit = 'km/h')

which will only retunr results if both conditions are met for the same channel.

This is the way DataFinder works.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(274 Views)

I agree with your last reply.

Maybe, there was a problem in communication with you.

As a second case, I expect some results by queries.

For examples, _prop.value1 is located in several groups and channel but I want to filter it by using datetime.

(Please see the my former attachment again)

The searching for the individual (_prop.value1 and datetime) was okay but none in their combinational queries.

labmaster. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(271 Views)

Dear Stefan:

I have a LV 2009 version of developer suit. It includes datafinder in the package.

When I distribute my application after application builder, how to distribute the datafinder?

Do I have to purchase it separately?

Can I install only the datafinder from my package?

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(269 Views)