LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug(?) Dropping a snippet which browses for SubVIs in not undo-able

Solved!
Go to solution

Here is one that fortunately hadn't struck me yet, but is a bit of a pain.

Situation:  Interesting snippet on forum page.  User has disdain for most MSoft products so refuses to use IE unless there is no other option and iPhone is discharged.  Arrange the browser and desired BD so the drag from browser to desktop to BD can take place.  On the way to the desired BD, a muscle spasm occurs causing the snippet to drop on the wrong BD.  No big deal, after LV does its thing and finds the subVIs I press Ctrl-z.  Nothing.  Now I have to go through and surgically remove the snippet code from the original BD.

Normal snippet drops are undoable, but apparently not if LV has to browse for a subVI.  LV9 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Darin.K

Darin-

I tried to duplicate this situation and I found that you are right, it should work, but doesn't.  I've filed a correction action request to alert R&D ofthe situation.  Thanks for the information.

-Scott Wiest

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(3,976 Views)

Thanks Scott.   Please post the CAR# so I can track this.  Ctrl-z is one of my best friends, fortunately the workaround here is to not always try to hit that sliver of exposed BD, but to spread the windows a little bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,969 Views)

The request I sent is CAR# 238094.  I guess the real solution is to not have a muscle spasm 😉

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,944 Views)