LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug?] DeferPanelUpdates doesn't prevent "Autoscale once now" from updating the front panel

When you have a graph with autoscale off, set true to DeferPanelUpdates of the owning pane, then set the "Scale Fit" property of the graph to 1 (Autoscale once now), the scale still changes. Is this intended?

I want to use this to get the maximum and minimum of the scale without actually changing it. 

See attached for an example.

LabVIEW 2021 SP1 32bit

Windows 10 22H2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(713 Views)

Mmm... this may be a bug since the plot is redrawn while the axes are unchanged. But what's the point of getting the hypotethical limits of an axis without displaying this range?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(677 Views)

I'm experimenting with animation when you change the range. To zoom back to the autoscale range, I need to know the final values before actually setting them. I know you can just get the min and max of the data points, but the autoscale uses a loose fit, which I like. And it saves me a lot of programming compared to doing it manually. 

20230119_162605.gif

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(672 Views)

Nice. I don't know a simple way to get those values, but since the actual range is not very different from (min, max), why not animate to (min, max) and set to autoscale as the final step? Assuming that you are zooming out, of course.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(656 Views)