From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffer reading, buffer de lecture

Can you read the code if I attach it to you like this?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 61
(4,303 Views)

Hi Simon,

DON'T RUN ALL THOSE WHILE LOOPS IN PARALLEL!

You are using a device, which expects one command/request after the other. And that device also answers those request one after the other!

As has been suggested several times before you need to "serialize" your algorithm by sending one command, reading its response, then send the next command!

Why don't you follow our advice?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 61
(4,297 Views)

in reality I follow all the advices since the beginning, I try them one by one but none is a success. Again, your program looks good but the answers are still not in the right order and therefore the conversion buffer does not understand the information it is given.

aerosimon_0-1621245984932.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 61
(4,287 Views)

this only seems to work if the numbers are floatting point numbers. What happens if the answers are strings? 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 61
(4,284 Views)

How do your expected answers look? (didn't notice this posted in the thread, might have missed it)

If your expected answer is 19 Pa and you try to read it as a number, no wonder it shows 0.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 61
(4,283 Views)

Hi Simon,

@aerosimon wrote:

in reality I follow all the advices since the beginning, I try them one by one but none is a success. Again, your program looks good but the answers are still not in the right order and therefore the conversion buffer does not understand the information it is given.

aerosimon_0-1621245984932.png

You forgot to attach your VI (with the data shown in this image set as default values)!

Did I set the commands in the right order in my image above?

Are those response strings in your image the expected responses for the corresponding commands?

You make it very hard to give advice when we always have to beg you to attach your code (along with data)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 61
(4,274 Views)

I expect different kind of answers for my different questions: TARESETUP=UP expects UP as answer, TARESETUP=OFF expects OFF, TARE expects : R XPa/s, XPa, XPa.
which represent in order: the readiness, the rate of change of pressure, the current pressure difference and the last previously recorded value.
There is therefore any type of response

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 61
(4,273 Views)

What about TARESET?

Are the values in "Tableau" always in that same order or do they keep switching around?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 61
(4,266 Views)

the commands are in the right order, the answer strings are the expected ones, just not in the right order.
I'm sorry, I didn't see the need to do this as I had copied your program.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 61
(4,265 Views)

TARESET is waiting for X Pa.
The values in the array are never in the same order, sometimes they arrive in the right order but most of the time this is not the case, there is no sequence, it is totally random

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 61
(4,262 Views)