From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse to Local File error 7 in LV2013

I use the open URL in local browser.vi to open an SVG file. It works in LV2019 but throws an Error 7 in LV2013. I need a work around to get it to work in LV2013 I have attached the SVG file in a zip because for some reason SVG files are not a valid file to upload to the forums.

Browse to local file.vi.png

TIA

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,391 Views)

A workaround that comes to my mind is using the command line:

open file in explorer from cmd.png

As you notice, I quickly wrote this snippet in 2019, but I want to think it should also work in 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,332 Views)

2 options in LabVIEW 2013:

1. Use a path without space;

or

2. Use "file:\\%s" instead of "file://%s"

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,322 Views)

Hi George,

I removed all spaces and it opens the associated app inkscape instead of IE or Chrome. I tried it both with \\ and //.

Inkscape is the editor for SVG files.

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,296 Views)

You are right, it doesn't open in the default browse.  In my case, it opens in IE instead of Chrome.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,292 Views)

This does look like the best option. Is there a way to read the windows default app for web browser? That way the end user always gets their preferred web browser instead of me choosing it for them.

Norm

@oscarfonseca wrote:

A workaround that comes to my mind is using the command line:

open file in explorer from cmd.png

As you notice, I quickly wrote this snippet in 2019, but I want to think it should also work in 2013.

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,282 Views)