LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse for Folder dialog

Hi

Why cant you add "Make New folder" button, Title input and input to replace "select A folder" label  in the present Folderdialog box.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(2,752 Views)

Hi Sam,

what do you mean? Can you explain please?

Do you  speak about this?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(2,747 Views)

Hi Sam,

do you ask for the standard "File Dialog" function of LabView?

There's a "prompt" input for the titel and a "button label" to replace the "select this folder" text of the button.

And when you use "native file dialogs" (Options->Environment) then you also have a "new folder" button Smiley Wink Atleast on Windows - but you didn't mention your LV version nor the OS...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(2,746 Views)

Folderdialog The browser.dll doesn't have these options such as to enter title name, enter discription, make new folder and able to edit ok button Presently (copy button in figure)

All i want is folder dialog as it is in attached picture 

Regards

Sam 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(2,720 Views)

Hi Samuel,

to get the "Make New Folder" Button, you can use the example from this link.

Change the "ulFlags" value to x40.

To get full acces to this function, you can write a wrapper dll. 

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(2,714 Views)

I got this from someone else and modified it a little.  It has the options everyone is asking for and many more (i.e. make folder button, choose you own root directory etc.). 

The one thing I wish it had was a default starting directory.  I mean, have the root be "C:\", for example, but have it default to something like "C:\temp" within the directory tree control.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

Message 26 of 32
(2,433 Views)

Is there a way to make this window modal?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(2,097 Views)

You are replying to a 6+ month old thread casually mentioning "this window". I make a wild assumtion that you are talking about the VI posted above. 😄

Go to "VI properties...windows appearance...advanced..." and look in near the upper right corner. All clear? 😉

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(2,078 Views)

It seemed to make sense to put it here since this is where the vi was originally posted.  I can start a new thread if you like.

The vi uses the windows browse folders shell dll, so changing the vi propertires doesn't do anything because it is just a wrapper.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(2,069 Views)

Ah, thanks for clarifying what "this window" is. 😄

Post is fine here, because it is directly related.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(2,067 Views)