LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brownian Motion

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to use Vision Assistant or Vision Builder AI and LabVIEW to analyse a video stream from a microscope, investigating the motion of polystyrene particles through water. How can I use the programmes to locate the particles of interest and then measure how much they move frame by frame? I'm taking videos for about 5 seconds so I have 125+ frames which will take a long time to analyse individually.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,705 Views)

I would try to get a binary image from each video image. There you can make Vision particles from each real world particle. There need to be little polystryrene particle so that they don't overlap. I guess that all particles look the same and cannot be distiguished by their shape. Followingly, the movement of the particles from frame to frame needs to be smaller than their distance as you need to track where which particle has moved. From the coordinates of the detected particles and the frame rate you could calculate their speed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,669 Views)

Thanks! I think I've figured out how to get Vision Builder AI to recognise the particles, and I've used the 'Detect Objects' function to find the location of the particle in each frame. Is there anyway I can transfer this data to LabVIEW automatically and get it to find the distance moved from frame to frame?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,613 Views)

As far as I remember, you generate VI-code in the Vision Builder for use in normal LabVIEW programming environment.

If you have particles in Vision you can get the center of mass. There is an analysis VI for that. And there are also some VI for geometry. Please search the Vision Palettes for that.

Message 4 of 5
(2,610 Views)

Hi hzilla,

As JrnBrgr said you can export the code you created in Vision Assistant to LabVIEW by clicking Tools>>Create LabVIEW VI... you can then automate your program using LabVIEW and the NI-IMAQ Toolkit. Be careful when manipulating and displaying your image, as dataflow is slightly different than in normal applications.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,558 Views)