LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken arrow while not listing any errors

Has anyone ever seen this?  This is a first for me..

I have a VI that has a broken arrow, but when clicking on the broken arrow to get a listing of errors, there are none listed.  This occurred while working with LV8.2. Unfortunately, I cannot post the VI (due to NDA, etc).

I decided that things were a bit too weird, closed everything and restarted LabVIEW.  To my surprise, it reported an error (fpsane.cpp, line 394).  To my bigger surprise, the fixes were gone!  Which was actually good, because a small fix later and the run arrow was back.  Can't explain this one...  All the VI's are in a library in one folder only.. 

My suspicion is that I "played" with an older version of DAQmx on top of a newer one..  Long story which I won't get into..

I decided to post it anyway in case it helps someone in the future.  I did not see any similar posts while searching on the topic.

(although there are lots of fpsane posts)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,264 Views)

I've seen the broken-arrow-leads-to-no-errors part before, though not with a recent version.  Not sure if LV 8.6 fixed it, or if it was 2009, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 2 of 5
(2,245 Views)

It has happened to me too with 8.2. DAQMX as you mention do ring a small bell.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 3 of 5
(2,239 Views)

I see this sometimes in 7.1. As I can workaround this very quickly with restarting LV (no fpsane-error, no promt for error investigation -> maybe I did turn it off), I never spend much time on it. I think I also saw this without DAQmx, but not sure. I'll report here the next time it happens.

Felix

Message 4 of 5
(2,228 Views)

Interesting... 

I'm glad you guys shared some details.  Hopefully it is a think of the past with older LabVIEW versions.  It's really a challenge to debug.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,206 Views)