LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast GUI on Television

Hi guys, I need help here. I want to develop a monitoring system using cRIO. However, one of the requirements is to broadcast GUI on a television.  I am planning to use a smart tv where it has a web browser. And then I'll use Remote Panel feature for the TV to access the GUI 

however, knowing that the Remote Panel has a limitation where only certain web browser can be used to access the GUI, I am not sure if the web browser on the TV is supported? Any experience on this?

Feel free to throw in any suggestion if there is other solution(other than Remote Panel) on publishing GUI on TV.... 😃

Thanks guys...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,713 Views)

Hi!

Most new TVs can just be used as monitors and can be connected to your PC video output.

So, in this case, all you need is a full screen VI.

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,628 Views)

You could also consider using Labvew Web UI Builder (http://www.ni.com/uibuilder/), provided your smart TV can run Silverlight.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,617 Views)

Hi guys,

thank you for the replies...

I am hoping to use the TV without a PC connected to it.....Futhermore the TV will be placed at few places(coorporate building, production lines) to broadcast the GUI only....If I connect the TV to a computer, it will display whatever pages  that I open on the PC. So, I think I cannot use this option. 

The WebUI is surely an option, but there are quite limited options and choices of Indicators on the webUI. I may need to design an extensive front panel, which I reckon the WebUI is not a suitable options. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,596 Views)

I may be way out of my knowledge zone here, but aren't smart-tvs relatively flexible? What I mean is that I can install a selection of browsers on my smartphone, so couldn't you just check what other browsers are available for the smart-tv and install one that supports communication with the cRIO? 

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,579 Views)