From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband signals

Solved!
Go to solution

A pleasant afternoon to all esteemed LabVIEW users. For those familiar with generating multisines, I am presently experiencing issues with creating a dc offset together with my multisine signals like the multitone.vi or chirp vi.

Previously, I was thinking I could just sum up two different signal (that is the dc component and ac component) and connect to the DAQ Assist (Gen). However, it keeps bringing error, that it is only a single signal that can work.

Attached is a chirp.vi signal for instance, that I intend to apply a dc point or offset to.

I appreciate all your prompt responses.

Regards,

Ola

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author olaola2017

Show us your diagram, with the DAQ assistant on it, configured as an analog output. I did it here and don't see a problem, having wired a dbl numeric control to an "ADD" primitive, basically adding the dbl (DC offset) to the chirp signal. Of course, if you don't wrap it in a loop you will get only one chirp.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 3
(2,606 Views)

Thanks,

That actually did the trick. The initial problem was that I kept trying to sum up another dc signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,591 Views)