From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge nominal Resistance

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, my name is Emre. I using omega pressure transducer (PXM419-001BCG10V) for detect cavitation. Also I am using LabVIEW DAQMX. When I write a code, LabVIEW ask me Bridge Nominal Resistance of Pressure Transducer. I looked specification there is some value about (input/output resistance 5000 ohm %20 ). No nominal resistance. How can I find it ? I attached the specification pdf.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,441 Views)

The part number you posted says your sensor outputs a 0-10V signal.

That means you should be using a regular analog input module, not a bridge input module.  The underlying bridge in that sensor is irrelevant to you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,431 Views)

But this  sensor piezoresistive Pressure Transducer ? And piezoresistive sensor have the wheatsone bridge. Where is used the bridge resistance in Labview ? By the way I'm new to  labview and this subject. Thanks for return.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,421 Views)

Hi e.,

And piezoresistive sensor have the wheatsone bridge.

Usually yes ("Wheatstone").

But that sensor also comes with integrated electronics, amplifiers, and so on.

Where is used the bridge resistance in Labview ?

Nowhere - because that electronics handles all for you.

You get a "standard" signal of 0-10V, so use a simple voltage measurement!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,416 Views)
Solution
Accepted by e.aydeniz

Yes.  The sheet says it is piezo-resistive.  It doesn't say that is has a Wheatstone bridge, but typically resistive sensors do.

But you are missing the point that the model of sensor you listed has other circuitry to read that resistive part and convert it to a 0-10V DC output.  All DAQmx and LabVIEW care about is that you are reading a voltage analog input.  They don't care what happens in the sensor before that.  Just read the voltage and multiple it by the 1 bar/10V range that the sensor is sized for.  (I don't know exactly what they mean by "compound" gage and bidirectional output.  That could possibly change the scaling factor somehow.)

Go back and re-read your original message thread.  https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/A-lot-of-Sensor-working-at-the-same-time/m-p/3914852   Bob, in message 2, bullet point #2, sub #1, asks you to find out about this very topic.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,405 Views)

OK. I understand. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,401 Views)