LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxplot to excel

Hello,

I'm using the boxplot vi (found here: boxplot) which was very useful (thanks by the way). But I encountered a new problem: I need to make a report from the result (preferably in excel)

The incoming signal is a 2D array and the outgoing signal is a 1D array of 2 elements. I tried to make a report so i get the boxplot in excel but it will not work. Can someone help me.

By the way I see myself as a beginner (know enough to make things work but not that much).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,637 Views)

Hello Jeroen,

Can you share what you have tried? (VIs, project,...)

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,605 Views)

Well the example shows somewhat my program. The pressure sensor signal is a 1 to 5 volts signal.

All works fine until I hit the switch to create an excel file. At that point I get an error.

You will find all the necessary vi's in the attached llb. The main vi is: example.vi. And the excel file is the template needed in the program.

I hope this is all the information you asked for.

And if someone helped me I will give them a kuddo and will mark this post as solved.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,599 Views)

Hello JeroenVH,

I thinks it's going wrong at the part where you try to write your array of clusters to excel.

This cluster itself also contains 2 arrays.

As far as I know the data you're writing with the Express VI should be in an array format (with well-known excel-compatible data types).

An array of clusters that contains a certain amount of arrays is not a data type that is automatically recognized by that Express VI.

What kind of values do you expect/want to see in Excel?

PS: The Kudos text below is just a part of my footer. 🙂

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,578 Views)

I wanted no values in the report, only the boxplot figure. And I found a solution: by splitting the cluster and taking the needed arrays into an excel document. With these values in the excel document I let excel make the boxplot. So instead of trying to get the boxplot figure in excel I let excel make the boxplot form the values provided by the sub vi (boxplot vi).

In the attachments you will find the vi and the excel template.

(note the excel file is in Dutch so if someone wants it in English just let me know)

PS: Thanks for showing interest in my problem. And I didn't know it was your footer (feeling kind of stupid know 😄 )

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,573 Views)

Hello Jeroen,

This seems like a logical approach, seeing that this will give you the actual data available in Excel.

Especially since it seems like you also want to also do some further work in Excel later on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,550 Views)