From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean properties window cosmetic glitch

Solved!
Go to solution

When selecting "Properties"in the contextual menu of a Boolean control, the following window opens:

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

Notice the location of the "Show Boolean Text" checkbox.

It might be intended, but I doubt so.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,396 Views)
I wager intended on this one.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,374 Views)

I think it is where it was intended to be but the label background should not be transparent.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,361 Views)

I feel so 20th century, esthetically speaking, reading these comments...

Message 4 of 14
(4,351 Views)

Do not confuse 'intended' with 'desired' or even 'standard'.  On my phone it was hard to see the group box line extending beneath the label.  But yes, it seems the intention was to create a set of dependent controls with the Checkbox.

It would be standard behavior if the caption text box was always enabled and entering text would automagically click the visible box.  Same for the label.

I do not think it is necessary for the visible check box to disable the other controls.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,332 Views)

It looks a bit different to me on my Win7 computer.

I do believe the checkbox is supposed to be over the line since it is a header for that group box.  I don't think you are supposed to see the line through the text.  On my Win7 PC, the line doesn't show up behind the text.  What I do find weird is that the checkbox text looks bolder than it should, and looks bolder than it looks on yours.

I'll have to look at this on my XP machine when I get a chance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,323 Views)

Question, which control palette is the control in the original post from? Classic? Modern? Silver?

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,315 Views)

Silver, but that occurs for all styles.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,265 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Here is my property dialog for a silver boolean withing LV 2012 (the Win7 image earlier was also LV12).  I don't see the line behind the text.

Okay.  I'd attach the .png file that shows this, but the forums are giving me the "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type" error.  I haven't seen this one in a long time.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,259 Views)

LabVIEW 13.0f2 (32-bit)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,250 Views)