cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean latching control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Community, 

I've recently encountered a problem using labview elapsed timer vi. I would like to control a reset boolean button to make it click for ONE time everytime i press the infuse/withdraw button. Any ideas on how to do it?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,418 Views)

If you want it to be latching action, then you need to right click and set the mechanical action to Latch when released.  Right now you have it set for switch when pressed.

As for your "click one time", I'm not sure what you are trying to explain.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,407 Views)

There's two buttons in the VI namely, Direction P1 and the reset button. I would like to link the Direction button to make the reset button latch once and go back to default so that my timer would be reset every time i press the Direction button, starting a new cycle. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,404 Views)

Why not just have the Direction button and the Reset button OR together before going into the Reset input?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,398 Views)

Hi RavensFan, 

The reason i did not do that is because i would still need the timer to run when it's in the true case. If i OR the two boolean buttons, the input from Direction button would always be true and my timer would stop running when its in the true (withdraw) case and only runs in the false (infuse) case.

And in my application, i would need it to run on both cases. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,395 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jarrold

Are you saying that you only want the reset to occur when you change the Direction from True to False,  or False to True?  That Direction should be a switch action and not a latch action control?

If so, use the subVI called Boolean Crossing Pt by Pt  (point by point).  It only outputs a true when the incoming boolean changes.  You can choose which direction (T->F,  F->T) or in either direction.  Feed that to an OR with the reset button.

Message 6 of 7
(3,313 Views)

It works! Thank you so much RavensFan Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,297 Views)