From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Compatibility

I had a question regarding the compatibility of some old NI boards with current LabVIEW software/Mac hardware. We had been using two boards (PCI-GPIB IEEE 488.2 #183617G-01 and PCI-MIO-16XE-50 #183454G-01) with an older version of LabView (here are pictures of the boards: http://imgur.com/a/1EpRl). Ideally, we'd like to put the boards in a new Mac Pro and use them with the current version of LabVIEW. Does anyone know if these boards are compatible with the current versions of LabView and MacOS or if we will need to purchase new boards? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,703 Views)

Those boards are still supported on the current version of LabVIEW.

However the newest iteration of Mac Pro does not have the requisite PCI slots to support those devices.

MikeR2

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,649 Views)

Thanks for the help! Would a PC have the necessary PCI slots?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,633 Views)

What you need is a computer that has two full height PCI slots. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how common that would be now. I took this from the Dell website (choosing a model almost at random) and it shows only 1 suitable slot. Many slots are now PCIe and the cards have different pin configurations.

pci.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,622 Views)