LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Discover

I have a PDA application that uses the BT Discover function.

On some PDAs I get the full friendly name returned from our devices, on others I only get a limited string returned for the Device Name.

I originally thought it was down to older PDAs running BT 1.2 and the newer ones running 2.0 were OK. But I have just received (this morning!) a brand new HP PDA with BT 2.0 and it does the same. It will ony return part of the friendly name (the first 17 characters).

Does anybody have any ideas why this should happen?

Thanks

ssk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,921 Views)

Hi ssk,

Thanks for posting, how many characters does your friendly name contain? It may be that the BT Discover function is limited to 17 characters.

Regards,

Ben L
Field Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,876 Views)

Hi Ben,

The friendly name can hold up to 30 characters within our product.

On some PDAs we get all characters but on others we only get 17!

Thanks

ssk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,874 Views)

Hi ssk,

Thanks for your response.

Do the devices that are causing this problem have a Broadcom Bluetooth Function? There is a known issue for devices with this functionality in this document ID 110909. R&D are aware of this issue but there is currently no work around for it.

Regards,

Message Edited by Ben L on 06-11-2009 10:06 AM
Ben L
Field Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,869 Views)

Hi Ben,

I have just tried the function on several PDAs we have here. The following PDAs return insufficient characters:

HP ipaq 114

HP ipaq H4150

HP ipaq Hx2750

Yet these return the full description:

HTC Touch 3G

Glo Fiish 600

I know that there are other devices that exhibit problems other than the HPs but I do not have their details to hand.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,834 Views)

Hi ssk,

I asked a question in my last post that you have not answered. Do the devices that are causing you trouble have broadcom functionality?

Regards,

Ben L
Field Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,773 Views)

Hi Ben,

Apologies, for not being clear in my last post. Yes, the devicies that exhibit the problem are using the Broadcom stack.

Thanks

ssk

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,759 Views)

No problem ssk,

I hope you are doing well.

Unfortunately as I mentioned in a previous post there is a problem with compatibility of Broadcom devices with our mobile module for LabVIEW. R&D are aware of this issue but there is currently no work around.

Best wishes,

Ben L
Field Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,747 Views)