cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Communication Between Labview and Rn42

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi , 

I am currently working on an project that requires communication between a bluetooth hardware and my pc with a built in bluetooth. The bluetooth hardware is verfied working with Blueterm on android. However i am unable to connect blueterm with my laptop . Is return a unabe to connect error. I am using bluetooth vi without serial or visa. Is this method suggested ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,535 Views)
Hi Sean, These are some threads related with blue tooth issues.Please go through these and try if it helps. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/Problems-connecting-to-NXT-with-Bluetooth/td... http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Trouble-connecting-Bluetooth-VI-Example-to-Bluetooth-Scale/td-p/1026... http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/unable-to-create-bluetooth-connection-in-PDA/td-p/571659
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,532 Views)
Sorry it seems editing is not possible in my forum page from two days.The links provided are written mixed...sorry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,530 Views)

"from two days"

???  I don't know what that phrase is supposed to mean.

You can edit your message within 10 minutes of first posting it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,527 Views)
Hi Ravens, I can't click that "options" (button).That is what I mean.Is it the problem with my system??
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,525 Views)
Also the smiley,Bold,Underline etc:- are not showing up. while typing the message.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,524 Views)

It sounds like your webpages are loading completely.  Try stopping the download and refreshing the screen.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,507 Views)

Hi , 

I read through the link and is now able to connect to android application. However using visa in labview, i am unable to connect to the port which rn42 is on . Can anyone advise please.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,491 Views)

Hello seanpps2,

Can you give us more details on what your setup is?

Are you using a shipping example? If so, which one, and what are the parameters you are setting?

Are you getting a specific error message?

Here is a basic tutorial that might help you:

Developing Bluetooth Applications with LabVIEW

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,479 Views)

Hi Reds ,  i am using a shipping example basic serial read and write.vi. The connection cannot be establishedthrough the virtual port. I am certain that my com port and setting are correct as i have an identical visa vi for physical serial communication. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,469 Views)