LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen when closing scope visa resource

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a Agilent DSO-X 4024A and I am experimenting with automated capture for integration into an automated tester. I am setting up a trigger and then reading back the data once it is triggered,  the problem is that if the scope does not trigger after the timeout time set by the read waveform vi in the driver, when closing the scope resource my computer blue screens.  after some experimentation I have determined that it has to to with the time as if I set the timeout to 3000ms I have no issues but if it is 4000ms the blue screen occurs.

image.png

This Is the code i am using any Ideas or help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,306 Views)

Do they have close scope VI that does something else except visa close?

PS. Insert into array does not expand array (will not do anything) if index to insert is larger than array size.

So insert into array will not work if you use channel 4, but channel 3 is not used. Use build array instead

PPS (edit) try to isolate it - make test vi only with scope communication, will it have the same problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,266 Views)

Hi thanks for the reply I did not realises that about the array building thanks

as for the original problem I have now tried ruining this on multiple computers and none of them have had an issue so it must be something to do with ether a bad lab view install or an issue with my Laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,262 Views)

@MAX_JD wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply I did not realises that about the array building thanks

as for the original problem I have now tried ruining this on multiple computers and none of them have had an issue so it must be something to do with ether a bad lab view install or an issue with my Laptop.

In most cases bluescreens are caused by either defective hardware or driver problems.

It could be that your laptop has a physical problem that can't really be resolved, but it could also be something a driver update might fix.

What connection are you using to the laptop?  USB probably, or do you use an Ethernet or GPIB adapter?  Updating the drivers for your USB chipset or your motherboard's chipset might help, as well as drivers for any adapter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MAX_JD

I deleted and reinstalled Labview and it would appear that that has solved the issue

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,227 Views)