LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlockedPlugin problem

Hello:

I am trying to access my .csv files saved inside my myRIO. I opened my browser to open the file directory (https://172.22.11.2). But when I opened it, the BlockedPlugin error occured. I checked NI.com and the website says that I need an internet explorer browser to open the file directory of myRIO.

This is stupid because Internet Explorer was discontinued last year. Google chrome doesn't work; Microsoft Edge in "Internet Explorer" mode doesn't work either.

NI.com doesn't inform how to resolve this problem in this life where internet explorer doesn't exist anymore.

Please help me with this dilemma.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,554 Views)

@glenncoco wrote:

This is stupid because Internet Explorer was discontinued last year..

Internet Explorer is still part of windows. Have you tried that?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,525 Views)

Hello:

Right now, I have windows 11 and it doesn't have the internet explorer pre-installed. Even if I want to download it from microsoft website, there is no download button for internet explorer since they recommend microsoft edge. You can see it here in this microsoft link.

"Internet explorer" mode in microsoft edge also doesn't work.

Do you have any idea how we can resolve this? Or maybe I should just use wireless wifi to access the files instead of USB? How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,500 Views)

Install a proper remote access and file transfer program like WinSCP and enable SSH access in NI-Max for your target.

The problem you see is not so much IE but the Silverlight plugin NI jumped on when Microsoft sold it to anybody as the future technology that was going to rule the world. They wanted to develop their own Flash, but better and more vendor locked in. And then decided it was to much trouble and abandoned it. That’s what yoo get for betting on Microsoft.😀

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 6
(1,474 Views)

Hello rolfk, is your suggested file transfer program using the wifi method of collecting my .csv files from my myRIO?

I actually do have microsoft silverlight plugin in my computer but I still don't understand how my device won't work. Do you have another suggestion to fix this?

Or better yet, can anybody teach me how to directly save my files to my computer instead of myRIO? I am using "write delimited spreadsheet" VI to create my .csv files.

Please help!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,462 Views)

WinSCP is simply letting you access the file system on the cRIO from your Windows computer. That is functionally the same as what you would get when trying to open the Silverlight plugin to browse the cRIO filesystem. It can use Wifi or a wired network connection if you have set that up properly. But how to setup your Wifi network is beyond what we can help you with, it's technically also irrelevant. You simply need a working network connection, if that is over Wifi, an Ethernet cable or an USB virtual network connection is entirely irrelevant.

As to writing data directly to your Windows computer from your myRIO, that is again an exercise in proper network connection. Your myRIO is a fully featured Linux computer and with Samba installed on it you can mount Windows shares into a local filesystem location on it and then simply use file IO functions to write your data to that location. But you need a share on your Windows computer and setup a Samba mount point on your myRIO to connect to that share.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 6 of 6
(1,430 Views)