From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block diagram messed up

Hello, my block diagram messed up by itself. All the wires are spread all around the block diagram, there are wires everywhere and i cant even delete. Additionally, some of the elements on block diagram are not seen and loops are on other loops but Surprisingly it is working.

I tried to recover from Windows Restore previous versions, Labview temp file but it didn't work.

Are there any other idea?

ocan_0-1605618197375.png

ocan_1-1605618224896.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(1,796 Views)

This is common when your block diagram gets outside of a specified range (the exact values are escaping me at the moment).  Simply put: your diagram got too large.  Try shrinking your diagram some and hopefully it will come back.  If not, I really hope you have a backup, either in Source Code Control (preferred) or a copy, that you can revert to.  Use subVIs to modularize your code is probably the easiest way to avoid this ever happening.  Generally, it is best to keep a diagram limited to a single monitor screen.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(1,770 Views)

By no means clear what to do. Are they wild wires those horizontal lines in the navigation window? If yes, try to go there and Clean them up.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(1,753 Views)

Crossrulz may not have a very accurate 8-Ball.

I would look for Structures that have the auto-grow property disabled and sections that are excluded from Block diagram Cleanup. 

As a fast rebuild take the following steps. 

• Close your offending vi
  • Close and reopen LabVIEW
  • Go to Tools>Options> and enable automatic grow on Structures 

SUPERPRO TIP: to completely reset options close LabVIEW then rename LabVIEW. Ini

• Open the offending block diagram
  • Select all <ctrl+A>
  • Create snippet from the selection 
  • Close the offending vi
  • Create a new blank vi
  • Drop the snippet on the empty block Diagram 
  • Hit Block Diagram Cleanup <Ctrl+U >

That should have solved 100% of the Structure settings and hidden code.  You will need to do some work afterwards to segregate some sections of your code into appropriate subvis and learn better coding practices. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 22
(1,744 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

This is common when your block diagram gets outside of a specified range (the exact values are escaping me at the moment).  

Start reading here.

(I agree that this is most likely the core of the problem)

@JÞB wrote:

Crossrulz may not have a very accurate 8-Ball.

I would look for Structures that have the auto-grow property disabled and sections that are excluded from Block diagram Cleanup. 

:Autogrow disabled" does not cause wires going nowhere, whiteout sections, etc.

NoGrow.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(1,718 Views)

I am sure that the diagram in the specified range, i have much larger diagram without any problems. unfortunately there were not any backup

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(1,659 Views)

@pincpanter wrote:

it can not be deleted, probably it is belongs to some loops when i dleete some loops it is getting deleted.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(1,657 Views)

@truskawka wrote:

I am sure that the diagram in the specified range, i have much larger diagram without any problems. unfortunately there were not any backup

It's not the absolute size, but the coordinates of the items. You can have a small diagram that is positioned near the edge, exceeding the valid range and experience these issues.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(1,654 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Autogrow is already working but i disabled and re-enabled for Fast rebuild option but didn't work.

SUPERPRO TIP also didn't work. When i tried to create snipped i am having the save screen but when i click on save button the snipped file is not creating in the specified folder. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(1,649 Views)

@truskawka  ha scritto:

@pincpanter wrote:

it can not be deleted, probably it is belongs to some loops when i dleete some loops it is getting deleted.

Actually I suggested to Clean up (right-clicking on the wire), not to delete.

But probably this will not work.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(1,630 Views)