LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Diagram Changes from one computer to another.

When programming in LabVIEW, I generally try to make my block diagrams as neat and orderly as possible. This gives the code a more professional look, as well as making it easier for someone else to quickly understand the program. However, I recently have started doing programming on more than one computer, and have found that my block diagram does not look the same from one computer to another (due to different monitor resolutions). Because of this, the nice, orderly block diagram that I made on one computer looks a bit jumbled on another. Is there any way to fix this, short of standardizing the monitor resolutions on every computer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,350 Views)
I would suggest setting your development monitor to the lowest resolution, or standardize your resolutions. The latter was my own solution where I had some 15 computers. This made the engineers and scientists I worked with much more comfortable anyway, as they basically couldn't tell the computers apart from the monitors.

I believe that this 'jumbling' only occurs in going from a higher resolution monitor (larger viewable area in pixels) to a lower resolution monitor.

I hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,350 Views)
Thank you for your response. I suspected that the best "fix" was standardizing the monitor resolutions, as you suggested, but I was hoping there would be a better way. For now, though, I guess that's what I'll have to do.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,350 Views)
One problem you might encounter is how the application font is rendered on different machines. All text-based diagram nodes (labels, property nodes, globals, locals,...) are affected (grow/shrink) if the font is not the same.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,350 Views)