LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink DAQmx LED for Identification

Solved!
Go to solution

"I don't Think" an extra software reset here or there should cause anything odd.  At worst the device should be reset.  

Now, that doesn't mean that there could not be a timing issue with multiple resets being "Debounced" into a single reset but you would want to re-reset at a rate observable by a Mark 1 Mod 0 eyeball anyway.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 15
(2,173 Views)

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,161 Views)

I did just look back through the whole thread 

You mentioned the user is to select a device from the list of devices attached to a computer.

You do know about the filtering options on DAQmx FP Objects right?  (Right-Click Filter options)  Setting those may help you too.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,150 Views)

Funny you should reply to this topic. (What is that eight ball telling you? Smiley Happy)

I did a little more digging and need to test with other DAQmx devices.

1. The reset device does blink the active light, but in the case of a cDAQ device in a chassis you have to reset the chassis not the device.
  2. Doing something like the snippet below will cause the active device light to stay on for one second.

Snip1.png

For now #2 may work, I need to talk to the tech using the device and see if they are okay with that solution.

As far as the filtering goes, for this case I don't think it's applicable. I have a table that is populated by all the attached DAQmx Devices attached to the computer. (See below)

test23.png

The user double clicks the device they want. The problem was when we have mutliple devices that are the same model attached. Which one is the user is the clicking?

Another tidbit: I use the snippet above without the wait to see if a device is in use. If I get an error somebody is using it.

Is there a better way?

thanks again for your help.

regards,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,145 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

Funny you should reply to this topic. (What is that eight ball telling you? Smiley Happy)

regards,

mcduffT

Answer unclear Ask again! 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,139 Views)