From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizzare error message requests me "Select a log file" for .vi

Hi

I am getting a very strange pop-up with my vi that requests me to select a log file for the VI.

If I hit cancel I get the pop-up "Cannot log front panel of vi. there is no log file associated with the vi"

I don't want a log file. 

There must be some background setting in the VI that is not in the actually Lab-VIEW code.

Does anybody know how I can switch this off?

Many thanks

Ashley

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,807 Views)
Is anything configured under the Operate/Data Logging Menu options?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,792 Views)
Off the top of my head I can only think of one setting that may cause this.  You can set a VI to log its front panel data automatically.  Go to Operate>>Data Logging and check the settings there.    Also look at Operate>>Log at Completion.

It may also be that you have this set on a subVI, and if so you will see a yellow "halo" around one of your subVIs, meaning you have turned on database access.  You can look in the help for Logging Data>> On the front panel that discusses this behavior.

If you wrote the VIs and have no idea what I am talking about with the Database Access that is fine, it is not a commonly used feature.

If none of these help can you attach the VI so we can all see it.
Message 3 of 8
(3,788 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your replys

I am attaching the stripped down VI.

Trying running it if you like to see the problem I am encountering.

Many Thanks

Ashley

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,778 Views)

The other suggestions were right...you need to deselect Operate > Log at Completion.  This will cause the logging dialog to go away.

-D

Message Edited by Darren on 03-01-2006 11:07 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,770 Views)

It is configured to log at completion.

Deselect  Operate>>Log at Completion.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,763 Views)

Fixed

Thanks

Ash

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,753 Views)

I had this issue today, thanks for the solution!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,813 Views)