LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better printing approached

Dear All,

Currently am using LabVIEW15 and Zebra printer ZT410. I can print easily  from printer using current method. I want to know that is there any other approached better than current method. If yes then kindly share this to me.

Current printing method is explain by .JPG file attached to this message for better understanding, kindly check.

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,868 Views)

Why would you zip a jpg file?

Why not embed it in the post, so we don't need a download and an unzip?

It all depends on what and how you want to print.

You can print the front panel of a VI with build in functions.

You can make a Word, PDF or Excel report and print it.

Without knowing the entire prn file specification, I wouldn't simply replace string in it and put it in production code... But if it works. What program do you use to generate the files?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,846 Views)

Personally I prefer to work with the label format in the native ZPL that the printer uses. Much easier to modifiy the label with variable data (time, quantity, serial number, etc.) when simply manipulating strings containing the ZPL. A more advanced method is to create a label format template and save it on the printer. Then you can send a small amount of ZPL which recalls the label template you want to use and define the values for the variable data contained in the label. While ZPL may appear to be daunting to use, most labels only require a handful of commands in order to produce the label.

You can use a free version of Zebra Label Designer to assist in creating the label format: Zebra Label Designer . You can also refer to the ZPL manual for more specifics on the ZPL language.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 3 of 3
(1,812 Views)