From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better interface to UWTC wireless temperature system from Omega

I'm not sure if this the right choice to my case. I'm a newbie in Labview from Brazil, and I'd like to create a better visual interface to wireless temperature measurament from devices called UWTC ( Omega control).

These kind of devices use a receiver called REC-1 that is a serial-usb  device ( ftdi chip).

this is the device specs: http://www.omega.com/pptst/UWTC-REC1_2.html

Here you have the wireless receiver data packet to this device.:ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/UWTC/UWTC_Wireless_Receiver_Data_Packet_Format_Specific...

and the software from Omega: ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/UWTC/

I can get the dates from it.

this supply : process temperature - ambient temperature - strenght of rf signal- battery charge - and device address in the net.

if somebody would like to help me i can supply more information

that is the kind of interface I'd like to get

PAINELFOR.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,682 Views)

Were you planning on paying someone for their work?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,642 Views)

hello nyc

thank you for reply

I'm live in Brazil, excuse my poor English, and that is a personal project ( in my professional carrier I'm a marketing manager)

I really like to understand how the stuffs work...

For this project i had a excellent results,I've taken a temperature measurement from the devices inside a thermic box that is in a oven a 310 C.

but the software from Omega is to poor. just an example : I'd like to have datallog starting in 0 Segundo, and increment each 1 min( or a time that I choice). but the datalog only use the pc timer, them in my chart ( or excel data) I only can see time like 13:04:05..is a pain in the ass....
ok..as I told is a personal project, but if you have skills to do that I can pay around U$ 100,00 by PayPal to you. .is not too much...but you’ll get a Brazilian friend, and somebody that will be in a great debt with you...I believe is not too a complicate task ( but I'm not sure...because I don't know nothing about this kind of programs)..and, to be honest, I'm not sure if labviem is the right software to do that , or I need other kind of language ( like C++)

that is it.....if accept my propose , we can talk about here : markes51@terra.com.br

my face book ( where you can see photos about brazil nature that I’ve taken): https://www.facebook.com/josemarques.lopes.5

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,629 Views)

If you are serious about paying someone, post your job at http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Job-Openings/bd-p/JobPost

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,617 Views)

heloo

ok..thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,605 Views)
That amount of money will only get you about an hour or two of a professional's time. I would suggest you take some of the free tutorials and attempt to do the coding yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,590 Views)

hello dennis

thank you for repply

i'm trying to do that. (to learn  tutorials). My main problem is how to convert the dates from device ( that  I have the data packed) to a "real"word ( temperature, siganl rf, etc...)...Is hard to a newbie with 55 years old that never seen it..

thank you again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,579 Views)
Show what you have tried. From what I read, you would read one byte at a time until you see the start byte. You then read two bytes and calculate the length. Read that number of bytes and convert.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,563 Views)

I am also searching for a way to interface with UWTC receiver and transmitter.  I've tried using VISA for the serial USB communication, but it isn't working.  Does this wireless receiver / transmitter system require MODBUS communication?  My experience has been with NI DAQ, wired instruments using VISA and NI WSN wireless using Real Time, but I haven't worked with outside instruments that are wireless.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,093 Views)