From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better alternative to case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to find a cleaner way of doing the attached vi. In the vi I have booleans wired to case structures. If the boolean is false it sends a string to an array and into a dialog box.

error vi.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,911 Views)

Build the booleans into a 1-D array.  Store the error messages in a 1-D array of strings.

Search through the boolean array in a loop.  For each true, concatenate the corresponding error message onto the string.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,901 Views)

Use an event structure.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,899 Views)

Think about the duplicate code, you have, and how you might eliminate 3 instances of it, and use the one remaining as a subVI to handle all the buttons.  Also think about how those four buttons could really be an array of booleans that could be parsed with a for loop, with each indexed boolean feeding into that subVI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,897 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CLH239

1!.PNG

You need to learn to love that new conditional tunnelSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 7
(2,882 Views)

Thanks Jeff,

Your solution was the most helpful, it did exactly what I needed.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,867 Views)

Love that new tunnel!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,858 Views)