LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to send parameters or functions from Visual Basic.net to LabView

I am a student at the royal institute of technology (KTH). I am working on my degree thesis on paper quality measurement with a camera.

My problem is that I have some difficulty finding a good way to transfer data/ parameters from VB.NET to LabView. To be honest, I have no clue where to begin.

I would like to trig VB functions from LV or add an VB class to LV to use the functions to transfer the data between them. However, I have some problem finding good material to help me with this.

If anyone has a good solution, hint or a book to recommend for this purpose. I would more then thank full.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,248 Views)

There are a coulpe methods for interprocess communications and interoperability with .net. 

1.  compile code into dll and call dll in labview

2.  call each function as executable and pass i/o in command prompt line (system exec).

3.  USE .NET NODES.  since your assembly in in .net, you should be able to call a constructot of your .net class and then link your LabView code to the property, methods and events of your . net code.

Unfortunatly none of these methods are as easy as communicating with native labview code but it never is.   There are a few examples of .net use in labview under the example finder.  Using LabView 8.0 + is helpful since there is only limited support in 7.1 and no prior .net support (version 7.0 and down).

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,236 Views)