LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to represent an image from 360 different angles?

Hi,
I'm taking a step back from my original post. I need to display an arrow on my picture control, but the arrow wil have to be able to be rotated anywhere from 1 to 359 degrees during run-time, a)what should I use to draw my arrow such that I can diaply it on the picture control in different places at runtime? b) how can I then rotate it and move its position during runtime? c) should I just redraw it everytime?
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,834 Views)

Does this VI help?
It is a customized gauge where the needle has been replaced with an arrow and all other elements made transparents. Rotate the arrow at proper angle, read the image and place it on the picture control.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,834 Views)
Hi Helper,
Using your explanations from previous post, I did a custom VI to do the job. Find attached library and let me know if it's working properly.
Regarding the way you refresh the picture, it depends on content (for example, if the background of an arrow is always the same color you can delete that, drawing another one in the same position using background color - this way you can refresh the picture without drawing everything else again).
Anyway, probably a good idea will be to start with a picture containing everything "static" in order to redraw just "dynamic" elements.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 3
(2,834 Views)